What is a plastic ID Card?
ID card (the full name for Identification Card) is a proximity card that cannot write data. It can only record a fixed number, which can only be written by the chip manufacturer once and the developer can only read the ID card number for use. There is no permission to read the card number, which is easy to imitate.
You can design and customize your own plastic ID card of any shape. Depending on the level of security at your facility, you can add a barcode, magnetic stripe, hologram, or custom printing with your company name and graphics. If you're looking for an affordable way to order beautiful, professional Plastic ID cards, contact us and our plastic card printing specialists are available to help you get the style right.
ID Cards Size
Standard Size: 85.5×54mm
Bleeding Size: 86.5×56mm
Thickness: 0.76mm or on demand.
ID Cards Characteristics
- Non-contact and long life during use
- Unchangeable card number ensure the uniqueness and security.
- Can be customized of any shape, make your ID card truly spectacular.
ID Cards Material
Most commonly, ID Cards are used in PVC materials. However, there are a range of unique material available to really make your plastic cards standout.
- PVC - Made of PVC materials, the size is the same as the bank card. The standard size is 85.5×54 mm and the thickness is slightly thinner than the bank card.
- ABS - Made from recycled plastic and more durable than PVC, ABS is an excellent choice for high-heat applications or to satisfy eco mandates.
- PET - PET is used to make pretty cards for a outstanding taste.
- PETG - A more environmentally friendly card material, which is derived from polyester and is 100% recyclable. PETG is biodegradable and doesn't emit harmful gases.
ID Cards Finish
When choosing card finish, there are multiple finish options and looks for ID Cards. Something to keep in mind is that some printing options only work with certain finishes. If you're not sure which finish is right for your custom card, contact us to discuss your options.
- Glossy - The layer of gloss UV coating helps to protect the cards from scratches and also adds a brilliant shine to each card as well as boosting the color and contrast of your artwork designs.
- Matte - For durability and texture, a matte finish is tough to beat. The granular feel of a matte finish makes scratches less noticeable, and can add to the overall warmth and strength of your design.
- Frosted finished - Frosted cards do not have the sheen of a gloss finish, and offer a smooth and professional appearance that is translucent on clear cards. Available on both clear and solid card stock, frosted finishes have the look and feel of a smooth matte texture.
- magnetic stripe
- Signature strip
- UV spot
- punch hole
- hot stamp
ID Card Applications
Widely used in attendance system, access control system and parking system.